Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments
Level 3 (RQF) NQF IE Level 5
Cost: €4,500 (combo course)
2 days per week for 16 weeks
Timetable: 09:30 - 12:00 Wednesday's
Aims and objectives
The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide facial electrical treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the beauty therapy industry. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at level 3. It also provides a sound platform into further training at level 4.
This qualification is for learners who want to work within the beauty therapy industry. The qualification consists of 1 mandatory unit with a total of 250 hours of Guided Learning (GL) to achieve the full qualification.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
Facial electrical treatments–to include preparing the client, checking for contraindications and setting up and using brush cleanse, micro-current, high frequency, faradic, galvanic, vacuum suction and heat treatments
The learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the beauty industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the facial electrical treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures you are working over in particular recognition of skin types and skin diseases and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a beauty therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a beauty therapist specialising in facial electrical treatments
Opportunities for progression
- Once learners have achieved the VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments they may progress on to other VTCT (ITEC) or equivalent qualifications at level 3 or 4 for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Body Treatments
- Level 3 Diploma in Epilation
- Level 3 Certificate in Microdermabrasion
- Level 4 Certificate in Radio Frequency
- Level 4 Certificate in Skin Needling
- Level 4 Certificate in Skin Needling
- Level 4 Certificate in Ultrasound
- Level 5 Certificate in Advanced Blemish Removal
- Level 5 Certificate in Laser Tattoo Removal
- Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Skincare
- Level 4 Diploma in Spa and Salon Management
- Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light Treatments
- Level 4 Certificate in Micro-pigmentation
Opportunities for employment
- There are opportunities for beauty therapists specialising in facial electrical treatments to find employment in a variety of areas:
- Beauty salons
- Health clubs
- Cruise liners
- Own business
To be awarded the VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments, learners must achieve the mandatory units.
The minimum GLH required to achieve this qualification is 250 The minimum TQT required to achieve this qualification is 380.
All treatment evidence, internal assessments, and underpinning knowledge must be completed prior to the final practical examination.
The final external practical examination will be carried out by the external examiner at the end of the period of learning. The external examiner will also verify a sample of the treatment evidence and internal assessment.
It is the responsibility of the centre to ensure that learners have the required knowledge, understanding and skills to enrol and successfully achieve this qualification.
It is recommended that learners must hold a Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists or equivalent.