Certificate in Eyebrow Treatments and Eyelash Enhancements
Level 2 (RQF) NQF IE Level 4
Cost: €1,800 (Combo Course)
1 full day for 16 weeks
Timetable: 09:30-16:00 Monday's, 18:00-21:00 Wednesday's, 18:00-21:00 Thursday's
Aims and Objectives
The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Eyebrow Treatments and Eyelash Enhancements is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide eyebrow and eyelash treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the industry.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at level 2. It also provides a sound platform into further training at level 2 and 3.
This qualification is for learners who want to work within the beauty industry. The qualification consists of 7 mandatory units with a total of 201 hours of Guided Learning (GL) to achieve the full qualification.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
- Consultation–to include using suitable consultation techniques, checking for contraindications, carrying out relevant tests and giving the client clear recommendations
- Eyelash and eyebrow treatments–to include selecting products, tools and equipment, adapting the treatments to suit the client’s facial characteristics and specific requirements and giving aftercare advice
- Eyelash perming–to include selecting products, tools and equipment, completing the treatment to the satisfaction of the client and providing aftercare advice
Applying individual permanent lashes–to include selecting products, tools and equipment, adapting the treatment to suit the client’s facial characteristics and treatment needs and providing aftercare advice
The learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety, client care and communication and how to promote and sell products and services to clients which is essential to work and be successful in the industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the eyebrow and eyelash treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures you are working over, in particular skin and hair and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a beauty therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a beauty specialist in eyebrow and eyelash treatments
Opportunities for progression
Once learners have achieved the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Eyebrow Treatments and Eyelash Enhancements they may progress on to other VTCT (ITEC) or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or 3 for example:
Level 2 Certificate in Facial Skincare
- Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists
- Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty, Massage and Electrotherapy Treatments
- Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Photographic Make-up
Opportunities for employment
There are opportunities for beauty specialists in eyebrow treatments and eyelash enhancements to find employment in a variety of areas:
- Beauty salons
- Department stores
- Own business
To be awarded the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Eyebrow Treatments and Eyelash Enhancements, learners must achieve all mandatory units.
The minimum GLH required to achieve this qualification is 201 The minimum TQT required to achieve this qualification is 230
All treatment evidence, performance evidence, assignments, internal assessments, and underpinning knowledge must be completed prior to the final practical examination.
The final external practical examination will be carried out by the external examiner at the end of the period of learning. The external examiner will also verify a sample of the treatment evidence, performance evidence, assignments and internal assessment.