Certificate in Facial Skin Care
The ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Facial Skin Care provide's learners with the skills to provide facial skincare, consultation, skin analysis, cleansing, massage, application and removal of masks, adaptation of treatment and aftercare advice to clients.
Aims and objectives
The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Facial Skincare is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide facial skincare treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the beauty therapy industry. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at level 2. It also provides a sound platform into further training at level 3.
This qualification is for learners who want to work within the beauty therapy industry. The qualification consists of 4 mandatory units with a total of 129 hours of Guided Learning (GL) to achieve the full qualification.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
Facial skincare - to include consultation, skin analysis, cleansing, massage, application and removal of masks, adaptation of treatment to suit the client’s needs and providing after care advice
The learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety, client care and communication and working with others in beauty related industries which is essential to work and be successful in the beauty industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the beauty treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures you are working over in particular recognition of skin types and skin diseases and disorders and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a Beauty Therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a facial skincare therapist
Opportunities for progression
- Once learners have achieved the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Facial Skincare they may progress on to other VTCT (ITEC) or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or 3 for example:
- Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists
- Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Consultancy
- Level 2 Certificate in Make-up
- Level 2 Certificate in Manicure
- Level 2 Certificate in Pedicure
- Level 2 Certificate in Waxing
- Level 2 Certificate in Eyebrow Treatments and Eyelash Enhancements
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments
- Level 3 Certificate in Eyelash Extensions
- Level 3 Certificate in Facial Electrical Treatments
- Level 3 Award in Body Massage
- Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage
Opportunities for employment
There are opportunities for a facial skincare therapist to find employment in a variety of areas:
- Beauty salons
- Health clubs
- Cruise liners
- Own business
To be awarded the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Facial Skincare, learners must achieve all mandatory units.
The minimum GLH required to achieve this qualification is 129 The minimum TQT required to achieve this qualification is 160.
All treatment evidence, assignments internal assessments, and underpinning knowledge must be completed prior to the final practical examination.
The final external practical examination will be carried out by the external examiner at the end of the period of learning. The external examiner will also verify a sample of the treatment evidence, assignments and internal assessment.