Certificate in Fashion & Photographic Make-Up
Level 3 (RQF) NQF IE Level 4
Cost: €1,200 (Combo Course)
1/2 days per week for 16 weeks, or 1 evening for 16 weeks
Timetable: 09:30-12:00 Wednesday's, 18:00-21:00 Tuesday's
Aims and objectives
The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Certificate in Fashion and Photographic Make-up is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide fashion and photographic treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the make-up and photographic industry. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at level 3. It also provides a sound platform into further training at level 4.
This qualification is for learners who want to work within the make-up and photographic industry. The qualification consists of 5 mandatory units with a total of 195 hours of Guided Learning (GL) to achieve the full qualification.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
- Make-up application to include the understanding of face shapes and full make-up application
Application of fashion and photographic make-up–to include creating and adapting a design plan, using products, tools and techniques to meet the design plan, black and white and colour and working to a budget
The learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the fashion and photographic make- up industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the make-up treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures you are working over in particular recognition of skin types, skin diseases and disorders and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a fashion and photographic make-up setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a make-up artist specialising in fashion and photographic make-up
Opportunities for progression
- Once learners have achieved the VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Certificate in Fashion and Photographic Make- up they may progress on to other VTCT (ITEC) or equivalent qualifications at level 3 or 4, for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Fashion, Theatre and Media Make-up
- Level 3 Award in Apply Airbrush Make-up to the Face
- Level 4 Award in Micro-pigmentation Treatment
- Level 4 Certificate in Micro-pigmentation Treatment
Opportunities for employment
There are opportunities for a make-up artist specialising in fashion and photographic make-up to find employment in a variety of areas:
- Beauty salons
- Make-up studio
- Cruise liners
- Own business
To be awarded the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists, learners must achieve all mandatory units.
The minimum GLH required to achieve this qualification is 195 The minimum TQT required to achieve this qualification is 230.
All treatment evidence, assignments, internal assessments, and underpinning knowledge must be completed prior to the final practical examination.
The final external practical examination will be carried out by the external examiner at the end of the period of learning. The external examiner will also verify a sample of the treatment evidence, assignments and internal assessment.