Certificate in Waxing
This practical based part-time ITEC course will teach you the knowledge and skills you need to wax professionally and allows the learner to work in the industry to treat clients for the removal of hair by the use of hot & warm wax.
Aims and objectives
The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Waxing is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide waxing treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the beauty therapy industry. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at level 2. It also provides a sound platform into further training at level 3.
This qualification is for learners who want to work within the beauty industry. The qualification consists of 1 mandatory unit with a total of 50 hours of Guided Learning (GL) to achieve the full qualification.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
Waxing–to include removal of hair using hot and cool wax methods
The learner will also learn about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the waxing skills listed above effectively in particular the anatomy and physiology of the skin and hair and common diseases and disorders that may affect when a client should or should not receive treatment
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a waxing setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a waxing specialist
Opportunities for progression
- Once learners have achieved the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Waxing they may progress on to other VTCT (ITEC) or equivalent qualifications at level 2 for example:
- Level 3 Award in Intimate Waxing for Female Clients
- Level 2 Certificate in Make-up
- Level 2 Certificate in Manicure and Pedicure
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists
Opportunities for employment
- There are opportunities for the waxing specialist at level 2 to find employment in a variety of areas:
- Beauty salons
- Health clubs
- Own business
- Cruise liners
To be awarded the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Waxing, learners must achieve the mandatory unit.
The minimum GLH required to achieve this qualification is 50 The minimum TQT required to achieve this qualification is 140.
All treatment evidence, internal assessments, and underpinning knowledge must be completed prior to the final practical examination.
The final external practical examination will be carried out by the external examiner at the end of the period of learning. The external examiner will also verify a sample of the treatment evidence and internal assessment.