Certificate in Manicure
The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Manicure is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide manicure treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the nail industry.
Aims and Objectives
The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Manicure is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide manicure treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the nail industry. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at level 2. It also provides a sound platform into further training at level 2 and 3.
This qualification is for learners who want to work within the beauty therapy and nail industry. The qualification consists of 4 mandatory units with a total of 121 hours of Guided Learning (GL) to achieve the full qualification.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
- Manicure to include care of the nails, hand massage and application of polish
- Working within the beauty related industries
The learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the nail industry. This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the manicure treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures that the learner will be working over, in particular recognition of nail types and nail diseases and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a beauty therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a manicurist
Opportunities for progression
Once learners have achieved the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Manicure they may progress on to other VTCT (ITEC) or equivalent qualifications at level 2 and 3 for example:
- Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists
- Level 2 Certificate in Nail Technology
- Level 2 Certificate in Nail Art
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments
- Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
Opportunities for employment
There are opportunities for a manicurist to find employment in a variety of areas:
- Beauty salons
- Health clubs
- Cruise liners
To be awarded the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Manicure, learners must achieve tll mandatory units.
The minimum GLH required to achieve this qualification is 121 The minimum TQT required to achieve this qualification is 140.
All treatment evidence, performance evidence, assignments, internal assessments, and underpinning knowledge must be completed prior to the final practical examination.
The final external practical examination will be carried out by the external examiner at the end of the period of learning. The external examiner will also verify a sample of the treatment evidence, performance evidence, assignments and internal assessment.